
Classic Irish fiddle and flute duet, for some reason never released on CD.
I've had a poor copy of this for years on cassette, but recently got a pristine vinyl copy, only to find that the poorness is in the recording! So its ripped @ 128. Includes covers.
There is a video of this pair on YouTube - search for 'Finn Horan'.
Download
17 comments:
Hi Bernie - I just tried to download the Music of Sligo but it said there was no file. Have you removed it? I would love to get this - I've long wanted to hear how Fred Finn plays "Fred Finn's". Any chance of getting it up on your site again?
No worries - will do ASAP
I'd still be excited to hear a pristine copy of the album -- I own it on cassette, but that copy seems worse than many of the second or third generation copies I've heard. It is my favorite album....
(Found this page trying to hunt down a rumor of a new 2008 Peter & Fred album... thought they must surely mean Peter & Gerry Harrington, but their latest was 2007.)
(Commenting again just to set followups to go to e-mail.)
Hi SF - I've just seen your comment. I have a pristine vinyl copy of this, but its a pretty bad recording even by the standards of the time - maybe a reason for it not having been re-issued! Bernie
I know the recording quality leaves a lot to be desired -- some of those tracks are from the 50s! (I think, you've got the liner notes.) But I also know that the copies of them I have aren't the best available, because I've got partial better versions from a different source. (So that, for instance, I can either listen to the complete track 4, or a noticeably better sounding copy of track 4 that cuts out somewhere in the second tune.)
So if you've ripped the pristine vinyl, I'd happily trade it for a rip of the Coleman Country Ceili Band In America album, which has a line-up featuring Horan & Finn on fiddle and Seamus Tansey on flute. Or pretty much anything else I've got that isn't available on CD.
Hi Bernie,
Looking to download the Horan/Finn rip if possible? I know it's an old one, but if you can be bothered to make it available again I'd be grateful.
Cheers.
Rob.
Hi Rob,
http://rapidshare.com/files/112044013/Music_Of_Sligo.zip
Cheers,
Bernie
Hi again,
thats
....../Music_Of_Sligo.zip
The end got lost in the comment.
Bernie
Cheers Bernie - that's very much appreciated. Lovely album altogether!
All the best,
Rob.
from rapidshare:
Error
This file has been removed from the server, because the file has not been accessed in a long time.
Here's the 'tuned to D' version. I can't find the other just now. Hope thats OK.
http://rapidshare.com/files/123745478/MOSinD.zip.html
Or (still in 'D'
http://rapidshare.com/files/384870751/PH_FF.zip
I would really like a copy of this album, but Rapidsare doesn't have the file available. Is there any chance I could get it, please?
No worries - will do ASAP
https://rapidshare.com/files/864788012/Music_Of_Sligo__Peter_Horan___Fred_Finn_.zip
I still have NO idea why you can't buy these old recordings.
Thanks!
Post a Comment