Wednesday, 22 April 2009

Northern Fiddle Session

I taped this at the All-Ireland Fleadh in Buncrana, Donegal, in 1979. Most of my session tapes are complete messes, but this time I wasn't trying to play myself and so could concentrate on recording things properly. The session is mainly Seamus Quinn, Francie Quinn and Fealey Kearney, with Andy Dickson and Dermy Diamond doing a 'turn' now and again. I think Tara Diamond is in there somewhere too, as is Eugene Kelly on bird-whistle!

This isn't what would now be regarded as 'Donegal fiddling' but it is very much a 'Northern' session and has all those big fiddle tunes you don't seem to hear a lot of these days.

Changed times.

This was a C90 which I originally ripped onto 2 CDs and I've kept the two parts here, if only to save me changing all the track names.

Part 1
Part 2

(Re-posted with '/'s replaced by '-'s)

9 comments:

The Dude said...

With DL 1 Files 1/2/3/5/7/8/16/17 are no good. For DL 2 2/3/7/9/12/15/18/20. Like what I hear otherwise of course!

Bernie Stocks said...

This must be the Mac problem (again). Stand by.....

Bernie Stocks said...

Yeah. Not so much a Mac problem as a Windows problem - some versions of Windows cannot deal with a '/' in a file name. I'll change the names and upload ASAP.

Munju said...

Hello Bernie,

Thank you for your great work!

..::New Feature::..

PNF Blogwatch beta

Discover the latest posts from your favorite music blogs at one place!!

http://www.prognotfrog.com/

we added your blog

check it out!

cheers! :)

Anonymous said...

Files missing on RS. Could you repost them, please.

Bernie Stocks said...

Hi anonymous,
This is not immediately to hand. I'll hunt it out in a day or so.
Bernie

Bernie Stocks said...

Reposted:
http://rapidshare.com/files/355313734/Buncrana_1979.zip

Anonymous said...

Hi Bernie, just to let you know that this link isn't working!

Bernie Stocks said...

Works for me. Did you cut and paste the link in my last comment? I'll try and organise it a bit better (tomorrow). Bernie