Monday, 16 November 2009

The Isom Waltz

One morning, while surfing aimlessly around the net I came across the surname 'Isom' and remembered that I used to play a tune called the Isom Waltz from an old LP by the Hollow Rock String Band.

I could not remember a note of it however, and the CD rip I had of the album would no longer read on any of the computers in the house, neither could I get anything off the Internet to remind myself. As the day wore on I gradually remembered that it was in 'G' and that it started with a sort of downward chordal run, and by the evening I had managed to dredge it all from the depths of my memory.

Rather a weird experience and I now wonder what else is hidden away in the depths of my brain. I also realised that the tune had been far to difficult for my limited skills anyway....

I finally managed to get the CD read with a USB burner, and for anyone interested here it is.

No comments: