
Three sets from a live Clare FM broadcast. One of the best sessions I was ever at was the Wednesday night in Pepper's, Feakle and this reminds me of those nights. Not technical music and a 'a bit like going to church' as someone once said but magic stuff. Its a pity 'The Shores Of Lough Graney' is not let loose again, sort of Martin Hayes (and dad) before he became Martin Hayes but there you go.
I haven't hunted all the names down for these tunes (too lazy). And I'll try and hunt a picture out (Christian beat me to it).
Download
4 comments:
j'ai trouvé celle-ci
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/3701/hayesu.jpg
Does anyone know the names of the tunes in the "Three Reels" set?
I call the first 'The Windy Gap' but I don't think this is right. The second I call 'Miss McGuiness' but I don't think thats right either - 'The Turnpike Gate' may be a better bet. The third is a 'Miss ......' too. Its all Tulla Ceilidh Band stuff really - I think Mary McNamara's first CD has all these on.
Names for the tunes in the "three reels" set.
With your hint I was able to find the names of these tuens. Mary McNamara plays this complete set on track 13 on her "Traditional Music from East Clare" cd. The first tune is Mcgreevy's Favorite , second tune is Miss McGuinness (also called Jim Colemans as played in G by Kevin Burke and Jackie Daily on Eavesdropper track 8), the third is called The Sweetheart Reel.
Post a Comment