Sunday, 2 September 2007

Goin' Up The Country


I got this after Mike Raven played Herb Quinn's "Casey" on his show. I was plonking about on the on the guitar at the time and had never heard the like of this - I couldn't figure out what the hell was going on as I had never come across slide guitar before.

A friend bought the album and a few of us would wander around in search of record players to play it on, on one instance getting into a stand-off with others looking for somewhere to play their Beatles "White Album". Different times.

"Casey" doesn't give me the same thrill now but its still marvellous stuff. At the time the record was touted as evidence of the healthy state of the country blues, but it sounds more to me like its swan song. Oh well.

Includes covers and four page insert.

Download

No comments: