Monday, 26 May 2008

Casey In The Cowhouse (Re-rip)

I've found the tape and dusted off the cassette player. Here it is again. I've changed a couple of track names as well.

01 Glen Of Aherlow / Rolling In The Barrel
02 Jenny's Welcome To Charlie
03 My Love Is Fair And Handsome
04 Musical Priest
05 Shores Of Loughrea / Biddy From Sligo / Pipe On The Hob /Scully Casey's / Banks Of Lough Gowna / Brian O'Lynn
06 Paddy Ryan's Dream
07 Toss The feathers
08 Pol Halfpenny / Murphy's
09 Jaundiced Itinerant / Bunch Of Keys
10 College Groves / Toss The Feathers
11 Hurry The Jug
12 Daly's / Sculley Casey's / The Cuckoo / The Western
13 Banish Misfortune / Kitty's Wedding
14 Old Wheels Of The World / My Love Is In America
15 Galway Reel / The Ships Are Sailing
16 The Gallowglass / The Legacy
17 Miss McDonald
18 Farewell To Milltown / Star Of Munster

Download

3 comments:

Sean said...

Thanks so much for this really rare material! You have got to be the only source on the Web for vintage Irish traditional music. Bring 'em on, I can't get enough!

Paul Mc said...

Hi Bernie,

This and Ceol An Clair both still seem to have a lot of digital issues. Any chance of re-ripping them from the tape?

Thanks
Paul

paulmcevoy75 [at geemale dot calm}

PS there is so much good music here...thanks so much!

Bernie Stocks said...

Hi Paul,

This is a re-rip and sounds OK to me (allowing for the fact that it was lo-fi to start with). Ceol An Clair is pretty bad I'll agree but the fault lies on my cassette copy, and I don't know anyone with a copy of the original LP (or a good tape copy). If I do come across one I'll certainly grab it. If I've missed something here get back to me. B.