
An extensive write up of Lucy Farr's 'career' can be found here, and there's little more for me to add, except that I always thought it was 'Hearth and Home' (I don't have the original cassette).
'Sean Nos' (Sean Scoile?) Irish fiddling.
Removed at the request of Veteran records (see comments).
8 comments:
This is still available as a CD from Veteran. I really don't think you should be making it available for free download.
Hi Hermano. I can't find it and I'd love a 'proper' copy. Can you post me the link? Ta.
pas disponible en CD
http://www.irishmusicreview.com/discv.htm#veteran
I don't think Veteran have it on CD.
The track list for the download is as follows:
1 Within a Mile of Dublin [Reel]
2 John Naughton's_John Blessing's [Jigs]
3 Sliabh Aughty [March]
4 The Fisherman's Lilt (The Kerryman's Daughter) [Reel]
5 The Regent (The Boys of the Town)_The Killimor [Jigs]
6 Paddy Fahey's [Reel]
7 Packie Byrne's [Jigs]
8 Gan Ainm [Fling]
9 The Kilnamona [Barn Dance]
10 Frank Downey's [Hornpipe]
11Stepping Stones_McShane's Rambles [Jigs]
12 Lucy Farr's [Reel]
13 Paddy Fahey's [Jig]
14 The Pullet and the Cock (Drag Her Round the Road) [Reel]
15 The Ballinakill [Polka]
16 Bonaparte Crossing the Rhine_Tomgraney Castle [Hornpipes]
17 Andy Davy's [Reel]
18 Pat McMahon's [Jig]
19 The Hunter's Purse_The Hare's Paw [Reels]
20 Sonny Comer's [Fling]
21 Terry Teahan's_Gan Ainm [Polkas]
22 McGovern's [Reel]
23 Martin Kirwan's [March]
24 Pat Burke's [Jig]
25 The Ragged Hank of Yarn_The Maids of Mitchellstown [Reels]
Cheers.
Rob.
merci beaucoup pour les titres. C'est un véritable trésor cet enregistrement
Thanks guys,
B
Hello,
'Heart and Home' is not yet available on CD, but it is a copyright recording which belongs to Veteran. Would you please take the download off your site.
The album will eventually be available from us on CD along with the album of Liverpool fiddlers 'The Long Strand'.
Thank you,
John Howson
Veteran Records
She made me bacon and fried tomato sandwiches when I visited her in Reading. I still have a picture of her wearing a tee shirt I brought from San Francisco. She was a sweet lady. RIP Lucy.
Post a Comment