Wednesday, 22 July 2009

Paddy Taylor - 'The Boy In The Gap'

For Georgi. Another recording which seems to have sunk without trace. There are rumours (from 1998) of a CD re-issue, and the track names (plus typos) are in the iTunes database, but that's it. I can't even find an image of the spooky Rousseau-esque LP cover anywhere which is a pity - I've put a real Rousseau up instead.

This doesn't sound like a vinyl rip. I think I got it during my SoulSeeking days and burned it as a audio CD. This post is a rip of that.

I really don't understand why this and other recordings aren't released in some form - these were the boys that kept the thing going when very few people had any interest at all. There's very little money to be made, true, but this is enthusiast's music and its so easy to make stuff available these days. I'll stop here before I get into a major rant..........

Removed at request of Claddagh Records (see comments)

10 comments:

Georgi said...

Thanks very much Bernie!

On the subject of re-issues, I can understand why they don't re-print these recordings, but in these wonderful internet-y days we have things like emusic.com that can make reissues like this actually worthwhile.

Cathy said...

Thank you so much AGAIN, Bernie! You have no idea how much finally being able to hear these things means out here in the US provinces.

I would happily pay an iTunes-type price to download reissues of out-of-print things. I wonder why the publishers haven't jumped on that bandwagon?

anne turner said...

hi bernie,are you the guy with the house in springhill near sue and yatelyn? i think we met a few years ago when we were over to see sue.great music on your site/myspace, best wishes, john turner

cianfulli said...

The boy in the gap
from an old Claddagh catalogue (just 2x3 cms) scanned at high resolution

DKmalo said...

détramée avec Photoshop
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/9930/taylorz.jpg

Bernie Stocks said...

Hi John,

Well spotted!

Bernie

wholesale said...

Hi Bernie,
Claddagh Records here. This is a Recording, Owned by Claddagh, and still under copyright law. What you are doing is illegal. Please remove this download immediately.

Claddagh Records.

Bernie Stocks said...

Comments by 'Sean' and 'Hermano' removed. Could they take this fight outside please?

Bernie

Hermano said...

That's what you get when you post albums which are still in print, Bernie! I'm contacting Gael Linn and RTE about the rest of your site.

bones said...

Bernie, at the risk of sounding repetitive, thank you so much for all of this music you are posting. I feel like I should reciprocate in some way, but don't have the technical know how to post, or the material of out of print records. Could I contact you off list? My email is bones@crystal-mtn.com. My thanks again,
Steve Brown